Veteran and Military Loans
Veterans Benefits | VA Loans | Texas VLB
If you are a Veteran or Active Duty Military, I appreciate you. I come from a long line of brave individuals who have proudly served our country, and I've made it my priority to offer our Veterans and Active Duty Military Members as much assistance as I can when it comes to buying or selling their homes. If you live in Bexar County or the surrounding areas or want to move here, I can help. The Veterans Administration (VA) offers many benefits that honor you by helping you with a home purchase. The Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) offers special low-interest loans on your home and land purchase OR home improvement projects.
Here are some key points regarding VA/VLB loans:
1. A previous foreclosure on a VA loan does not necessarily negate the Veteran from using his/her entitlement again.
2. In Texas, 100% disabled Veterans are exempt from paying property taxes.
3. A 30% or greater compensable service connected disability qualifies a Veteran to receive a .50 discount to the published interest rate through the Veterans Land Board.
4. A 10% or greater compensable service connected disability qualifies a Veteran to be exempt from the VA Funding Fee.
5. The VA will allow the non-purchasing spouse’s debts to be offset with his/her income.
6. VA loans are approved based on residual income. In some cases, this allows a Veteran to become approved with a high debt-to-income ratio.
7. Termite inspections are required on all VA loans; however, the Veteran cannot pay for it.
8. A Veteran may rent his/her current home that was purchased with his/her entitlement and use VA Bonus Entitlement for the purchase of his/her next home.
Let me help you find your home! Call Dawn at 210-391-5160 or email DawnSellsTexas@yahoo.com.
To learn more about VA/VLB loans and programs, call my VA loan expert, Lisa Warren:
Lisa Marie Warren, Sr. Mortgage Banker
8400 Blanco Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78216
Apply online at www.swbcmortgage.com/warren